Avoid eating and drinking these products on an empty stomach
A good breakfast is an important engine for the rest of the day and it is therefore better not to skip it. Still, it is not good to eat and drink everything on an empty stomach. There are a number of products that are better to eat and drink later in the day.
We will explain exactly which products these are.
If you want to start the day well, breakfast is very important. Many people opt for convenience, although this does not always contain the right ingredients. If you eat breakfast with a lot of fat on an empty stomach, you will quickly get hungry again. A breakfast with lots of vitamins and minerals ensures a feeling of satiety for longer, which means you won’t snack as quickly. To get the day off to a good start, it is important to know what you should and should not eat and drink first.
It is better not to eat or drink these products on an empty stomach
- Coffee or tea: Drinking coffee or tea on an empty stomach can cause nausea and a sore stomach. The acidity of your stomach contents increases and you can suffer from heartburn. If you still feel like tea, choose a natural variant such as mint or chamomile tea.
- Tomatoes: tomatoes contain a lot of vitamin C, but also have acid in them. This irritates the empty stomach. Always try to have something to eat if you want to eat tomatoes, or wait until lunch.
- Cake: cake for breakfast sounds like a party, but it is something you shouldn’t do. Due to the processed products and many sugars it contains, your liver can take a big hit if you haven’t eaten anything yet.
- Spicy food: for example adding sambal, tabasco or other spicy herbs to your breakfast will cause an irritated stomach. Feel free to add this to lunch.
- Oranges: Drinking orange juice on an empty stomach makes you hungry faster. This is because your body takes a long time to digest it. Your stomach does not recognize this and thus you get the signal that you are hungry, even if you are not.
- Alcohol: Drinking alcohol is a really bad idea if you haven’t eaten anything yet. Besides the fact that you get drunk thirty percent faster, you also feel worse. Always eat enough before consuming alcohol.
It is better to eat and drink these products on an empty stomach
It is important to eat natural products that provide you with complex nutrients. You can therefore eat and drink the following products very well on an empty stomach:
- Oatmeal: By eating a bowl of oatmeal when you wake up, you protect your stomach from other products that you consume for the rest of the day.
- Whole grain products: by eating whole grain products with your breakfast you will feel full for a long time and the fiber also improves your bowel movements.
- Vegetables: by eating vegetables for breakfast (except tomato) you will have less gas and bloating. A green smoothie or a smoothie bowl is therefore a good idea.
- Eggs: eggs keep you full for longer and are also very nutritious.
- Nuts: Eating a handful of nuts for breakfast will keep you full for longer. As a result, you will snack less quickly.
- Blueberries: Blueberries in the smoothie or yogurt boost your metabolism and brain. They also regulate your blood pressure, so it’s not a bad idea to add these to your breakfast.
- Honey: Drinking warm water with honey in the morning will boost your serotonin levels. This way you wake up faster and you can start the day energetically.